We are pleased to introduce Denise Robinson and Ted Capogrossi as the new Managers of the Food Pantry, who will work as a team to continue the mission of the Pantry. We wish them well in their new endeavors and they will begin their new duties in January. They are currently working with the Food Bank in continuing the support to needy families through other locations as we are working to have the basement area cleaned and updated.
The Food Pantry will be CLOSED due to environmental cleaning. We are working diligently to update the process.
How can you help?
Do you have an hour or two available to work one day a week?
Do you have a pick up truck, van or SUV that you can pick up donations in?
Do you want to make a difference in peoples lives?
Please call the Parish Office at 607-273-6121.
Did you know?
– The Pantry first opened nearly 20 years ago?
– That we are the ONLY Food Pantry in Tompkins County that serves ALL clients and is open EVERY week?
– That we serve 120 families, on average, every week…. and some weeks over 150 families?
– That we set up the church hall on Monday mornings and receive 1 or 2 pallets of food from the Food Bank of the Southern Tier that is is put on shelves, in freezers or in refrigerators?
– That we have volunteers driving to pick up generous donations every Tuesday morning from Wegmans, Tops, Ithaca Bakery, Panera, Green Star, Lansing Market, PC Fresh, 7-11, Ithaca Tofu, BJ s, and F & T distributors?
– That we purchase and distribute fresh fruit and vegetables that our volunteers pick up weekly from local farms or CSA’s?
– That the distribution of food takes only 1 hour… from 1 pm to 2 pm every Tuesday?